John P. McGovern MD
Center for Environmental
and Regulatory Affairs
Health & Retirement
What Conservatives Think
Ten Second Response
In the News
Health & Retirement
Russia on Trial
- New Visions: Finding Sense (and Cents) in Bush's Social Security Reform
- Blog: Advantages of Nuclear Power - A Debate
- Blog: The Fight Goes On
- National Policy Analysis: ANWR: To Drill or Not to Drill? There is No Question by Peyton Knight
- Blog: Larry King on Black Conservatives
- Press Release: Senator Crapo's Endangered Species Act Reform Effort Bad for Property Owners and Species
- Blog: Peer Review -- Or Scant Review?
- Blog: ANWR: A Special Session of Congress Might Spur a Decision
- Blog: Media Shield Laws and the Case of KPRC in Houston
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Activists Speak Out on the Execution of Stanley "Tookie" Williams
- Blog: Kyoto Protocol Meets Star Trek Convention
- Blog: Climate Change Hypocrites v. the U.S., China, India, Japan, Australia and Much of the Developing World
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Activists Criticize Congressional Black Caucus Rush to Judgment on Alito Nomination and Call for Filibuster; Filibuster of Supreme Court Nominees Thought to Be Unconstitutional
- Blog: Global Warming Conference Report: Logging Old Growth Forests to Stop Global Warming
- Blog: Climate Change Report: Do We Have a Right to Be Cold?
- Blog: Climate Change Conference Report: Agence France-Presse Freaks Out
- Blog: The Empire Strikes Back: U.N. Disrupts Distribution of Toilet Paper Emissions Credits, Seizes National Center Literature
- Blog: Global Warming Conference Report: The Bear Truth About Emissions Credits
- Blog: Global Warming Briefs
- Blog: John O'Neill Practices the Patriotism of Dissent
- Blog: COP-11 Global Warming Conference Report: Pew Center Admits Kyoto is Dead... Sort of
- Press Release: Policy Group Distributes Toilet Paper 'Emissions Credits' at U.N. Global Warming Conference
- Blog: Thank a Soldier Week
- Blog: Global Warming Causing Global Cooling
- Blog: Nobby Zoologists, Climate Change and American "Loonies"
- Blog: Fat People Lose Access to Some Surgeries as Cost-Saving Measure in Britain's Government-Run Health System
- Blog: The Peace Movement's Moderate Face
- Blog: Rabbi Eric Yoffie Rebuts Himself
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Activists Support Increased Domestic Oil Exploration
- Blog: On the Dean Koontz "Japanese Racism" Controversy
- Blog: White-Hating Segregationists Master Photoshop and a Few Big Words -- Will Other Skills Follow?
- Ten Second Response: Small Group of House Republicans Derails ANWR Drilling
- Blog: Historic Preservation v. Property Rights?
- National Policy Analysis #534: Law of the Sea Treaty Could Prove Dangerous to America by Bonner Cohen
- Blog: A Pro-France
- Blog: Michael Steele: Getting Thomased
- Project 21 Press Release: Group Calls on All Candidates and Parties to Shun Both Use of Racial Slurs and Those Who Employ Them
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Activists Denounce Racialist Milwaukee Newspaper Editorial
- Blog: Global Warming Joke of the Day
- Blog: Krauthammer on Realism, Oppression and Scowcroft
- Blog: Good Thing They Aren't Teenage Girls
- Blog: Arlen Specter on Miers Withdrawal
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Conservatives React to Miers Withdrawal
- Blog: Miers: Withdrawal With Honor
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Conservative Reaction to the Death of Civil Rights Icon Rosa Parks
- National Policy Analysis #533: Global Warming-Hurricane Link Just Hot Air by David Ridenour
- Press Release: Government Playing with 'Corked Bat' in Stadium Game - National Center Cites Need for Eminent Domain Reform
- Blog: Washington Post: The Conservative Machine and Miers
- Blog: Bush White House Threats on Miers
- Press Release: Ideologues Hinder Environmental Clean-up
- Blog: A President Named Bush
- Blog: Patrick Leahy: On Miers, No Dissent Permitted
- Blog: Gerhard Schroeder: Anglo-Saxons Are to Blame, Boo-Hoo-Hoo
- Blog: Laura Bush Fights the Last War for Women; the Wrong War for Harriet Miers
- Blog: Hillary Clinton's Feminist Tale
- Blog: Clarence Thomas No Rubber Stamp
- Blog: Bill O'Reilly v. Charles Rangel
- Blog: Ed Gillespie, Conservatives & Miers: Setting the Record Straight
Blog: Ronald Cass: Conservative Critics are Whiners
- Blog: On Miers, White House Arguments Improve -- Somewhat
- Blog: Whiff of Stupidity, I'd Say
- Blog: I'm Hoping Ted Stevens Would Be Worth as Much as a Fish
- Blog: Defeatism in Defense of the Constitution is No Virtue
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Conservatives Speak on Miers Nomination
- Blog: On Harriet Miers: Women Preaching, Dog Walking
- Blog: Hugh Hewitt: Conservative Camps on Miers
- Blog: Manny Miranda on Miers
- Blog: Project 21 to Address Miers Nomination
- Blog: Europe Not Christian
- Blog: What Was Bush Doing on SunDay?
- Blog: Bugs, Songs and Global Warming
- Press Release:
Environmental Activists Target Small Property Owners While Calling the Fifth Amendment a “New Entitlement”
- Blog: Rep. Charles Rangel Turns Fire Hose on Bush
- Press Release: Black Group Demands Action from Congressional Black Caucus and Hillary Clinton Over Anti-Bush Slur
- Press Release: Hostility Toward Key Provision of Pombo Endangered Species Reform Bill Shows Environmentalists Aren't Committed to Public's "Right to Know"
- Blog: Katrina Rescues: Dedicated Soldiers of the National Guard
- Blog: "TESRA" Endangered Species Act Reform Update
- Blog: Katrina, Global Warming and Honest Disagreement
- Blog: Arianna Huffington is Deeply Sincere
- Blog: Katrina Bailout: $200 Billion in Perspective
- Blog: Bush's Hurricane Speech
- Project 21 Press Release: Judge Who Ruled Pledge of Allegiance Unconstitutional Ignored Established Guidance from the Supreme Court on Ceremonial References to God
- Press Release:
80+ Groups Send Letter to House Resources Committee Chairman Richard Pombo Calling GOP Endangered Species Act Reform Draft "Extremely Disappointing"
- Blog: Katrina Rescues: The Military's Work Continues
- Blog: Shame in Gaza
- Blog: Katrina Rescues: Scenes of New Orleans
- Blog: Battleship Iowa to House Gay Museum?
- National Policy Analysis #532: Proposed Race-Based Government for Hawaii Would Create Trouble in Paradise by David W. Almasi and Amy Ridenour
- Press Release: The National Center for Public Policy Research Announces Two Staff Additions to Boost Free Market Environmental and Regulatory Affairs Work
- Blog: Katrina Rescues: A Military Perspective
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Activists Mourn the Passing of Chief Justice Rehnquist
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Group Responds to Congressional Black Caucus Criticism of Hurricane Katrina Relief Efforts
- Blog: Reviewing Anne Rice
- Blog: Tidbits on Rehnquist
- Blog: Hurricane Relief Suggestion Box
- Press Release: Rep. Pombo's Endangered Species Act Reform Proposal Would Do More Harm Than Good, Analysis Says
- National Policy Analysis #531: "TESRA" Endangered Species Act Reform Proposal Would Do More Harm Than Good by David Ridenour
- Press Release: Antidote to Defeatism: Soldier Questions Media Coverage of Military Morale, Casualty Rates
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Conservative Organization Responds to Ad Hominem Attack from Roger Wilkins and People for the American Way
- Project 21 Press Release: Prominent Blacks Praise Judge John Roberts
- Blog: U.S. Fish and Wildlife's Service's New Math
- Blog: Endangered Species Reform and Immigration: When Travel is Illegal, Only Illegals Will Travel
- Blog: Comparable Worth, Judge John Roberts and Why It is Not Radical to Oppose the Overturning of Our Capitalist System
- Blog: Cindy Sheehan, Bill Broyles and the Lessons of the Pacific War
- Blog: Cindy Sheehan's Apologist Allies
- Press Release: Environmentalists' Demonization of CAFTA is Unwarranted; Trade Liberalization Pact Would Invigorate Competition, Fight Poverty and Promote Positive Environmental Impacts
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Activists Criticize False Document Controversy; For Supreme Court Nomination, Manufactured Procedural Delays No Substitute for Genuine Advise and Consent
- Blog: On Endangered Species: RightMarch.com or ModerateMarch.com?
- Press Release: Pombo Proposal Wouldn't Gut the Endangered Species Act: It Could Give it Formidable New Teeth
- Project 21 Press Release: Liberal Internet Activists Suggest Investigating Nominee's Toddler; Conservative Black Group Condemns Involving Children in "Politics of Personal Destruction"
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Activists Chide Knee-Jerk Liberal Reactions to Roberts Nomination
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Activists Applaud Roberts for Supreme Court
- Project 21 New Visions: Has Secular Humanism Become a Religion? by Carletta Skinner
- Project 21 New Visions: Supreme Court Choice Should Not Be About Sex, Brands or Politics by Mychal Massie
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Activists Denounce Move Toward Ebonics in California Schools
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Activists Speak Out on Bush Supreme Court Nomination
- Project 21 Press Release: Toyota Should Apologize for Sponsoring Racially-Divisive Speaker
- Blog: Health of Supreme Court Justices: Is It Our Business?
- Blog: Congratulations to Ron Nehring
- Blog: No FEC Regulation of Bloggers, Conservative Leaders Say
- Blog: FEC Hears Bloggers' Bid to Share Media Exemption
- Blog: Arlen Specter's Weird Idea
- Blog: Originalism Defined
- Blog: Congratulations to Jay Timmons
- Blog: Rep. Richard Pombo Thinks We're "Far Right"? ... Surely Not
- Blog: Hands Off Our Stuff -- Personal and National Property Rights Deserve Defense
- Blog: Poor, Uneducated and Easy to Command
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Activists Ask Bush to Consider Constructionist Jurists for Supreme Court; List of Characteristics Important to Black Americans Cited
- Press Release: Property Rights Advocates Brace for Another Betrayal; Like Kelo Decision, ESA Reform May Place Special Interests Above Property Rights
- Blog: Evil
- Blog: Impeach Bush?
- Blog: Flag Burning -- The Real Question
- Press Release: Endangered Species Act Can't Work Without Property Rights Protections; 53 Groups Outline Reform Principles in Letter to Resources Chairman Pombo
- Blog: Protecting Property Rights Protects Endangered Species
- Press Release: Cap-and-Trade is More Pain Than Gain; Early Credit Proposal to Stem Climate Change Would Create Special Interest Lobby While Doing Little for the Environment
- Project 21 Press Release: New HIV/AIDS Statistics Show Blacks "Most Severely Impacted" Group; Black Americans Urged to Adopt a "Conservative Lifestyle"
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Activist Decries Civil Rights Apologists; Senate Apology for Lynching Perpetuates "Posture of the Victim"
- Blog: Global Warming Insurance Policy
- Blog: Socialized Medicine a Human Rights Violation?
- Blog: Maryland Christian Preschool Opportunity -- A Rare Blog Endorsement
- Blog: Congress' Most Partisan Members of the Last 25 Years
- Blog: Regarding Deep Throat
- Blog: Nice Stem Cell Bias, Voice of America
- Blog: Great Moments in Minority Rule
- Blog: Nice Bias, AP
- Blog: Catherine Crier: Filibuster Fight is About Creating a Theocracy
- Blog: Former Senators on the Filibuster
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Activists Praise Janice Rogers Brown; Say Nominee "Epitomizes the Greatness of America"
- Blog: Gregory Kane on Janice Rogers Brown: Two Uncle Toms Are Better Than One
- Blog: Top Five Reasons Senate Democrats Oppose Ending Partisan Judicial Filibusters
- Blog: Noble History of the Filibuster
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Activists Praise Patricia Owen, Call Her "One of the Finest Jurists in the Country"
- Blog: David Bellamy Challenges Global Warming Orthodoxy
- Blog: Majority Leader Frist: Unreasonable?
- Blog: Funding PBS
- Blog: Star Parker Nails it on Social Security
- Blog: Pity Poor Fairfax County
- Blog: Rep. Robert Wexler on Social Security: The System is Sound, But Insolvent
- Blog: Be Fair to New York Plan
- Blog: Filibusters: A History
- Blog: Senate Judicial Filibuster Showdown Nears
- Blog: FBI Files: Confidential
- Project 21 New Visions Commentary: Why African Americans Should Be Leading The Charge For Social Security Reform by Eddie Huff
- National Policy Analysis: Europe's Airbus "Megaplane" Fails to Earn Green Stripes by Ryan Balis
- Press Release: Christians Promote Environmental Stewardship, Not Radical Agenda
- Project 21 New Visions Commentary: What the NAACP Should Do Now by Lana Hampton
- Project 21 New Visions Commentary: It's About the Common Man, Not the Celebrities by E. LeMay Lathan
- Project 21 New Visions Commentary: Black Leaders Turn King's Dream Into A Nightmare by Jerry Brooks
- Project 21 New Visions Commentary: Can the Unborn Save Future Generations? by Mychal Massie
- Project 21 New Visions Commentary: Profiles of Empowerment by Virgil Beato
- Blog: Dueling Plans for U.N. Reform
- Blog: Shame on Andrew Greeley, Anti-Democrat, and Anyone Who Shakes His Hand
- National Center Statement: National Center for Public Policy Research Statement on Congressional Travel
- Blog: Army Pay: AWOL
- Press Release: Black Network Demands Black Judicial Nominee Be Judged on Her Competence
- Press Release: Black Activists Criticize NAACP for Filibuster Flip-Flop
- Blog: Norm Coleman: Aye on Nuclear Option
- Project 21 New Visions Commentary: Bigotry from the Left by Kimberley Jane Wilson
- Project 21 New Visions Commentary: Negroes and Black Conservatives by Mychal Massie
- Project 21 New Visions Commentary: Some Post-Election Advice for Liberals by Murdock "Doc" Gibbs
- Project 21 New Visions Commentary: The Case for Clarence Thomas, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court by Jeffrey Hicks
- Project 21 New Visions Commentary: Tom Joyner Tunes Out Health Concerns by David Almasi
- Project 21 New Visions Commentary: Voting Responsibly More Important Than Simply Voting by Jimmie Lee Hollis
- Project 21 New Visions Commentary: Liberals Have Nothing to Offer But Lies and Fear by Mychal Massie
- National Policy Analysis: Medicare's Fatal Weakness: Expensive New Technologies are Rationed by Edmund F. Haislmaier
- Blog: Vladimir Putin May Need to Get Out More
- Blog: Portland Home Prices: Higher Than Necessary?
- Blog: Michelle Malkin: Bone Marrow Donors Needed
- Blog: Prince Charles-Camilla Parker Bowles: Settling the Civil Ceremony Question
- Blog: Conservatism Not Splitting
- Blog: A Honeymoon for American Soldiers Based in Europe
- Blog: Journalists' (and Bloggers'?) Shield Laws: What is a "Reporter," Anyway?
- National Policy Analysis: Spinning Global Warming
- National Policy Analysis: Michael Crichton's State of Fear: Climate Change in the Cineplex?
- National Policy Analysis: "Meeting the Climate Challenge": Left-of-Center Groups Warn of Impending Doom
- Blog: Washington Post on Kyoto: Three Sentences, None Accurate
- Blog: Pew Center: Kyoto is Merely Symbolic
- Blog: Kyoto: At Least We're Honest
- Blog: Associated Press Watch: Channeling Jan Egeland
- Blog: Grassroots Government: Internet Fixes for Government Accountability Problems
- Ten Second Response: Associated Press & Global Warming: Never Let Facts Get in the Way of a Good Theory
- Blog: Containing Sprawl: The True Cost
- Blog: Regarding Ward Churchill: Abolish Tenure
- Blog: First Annual Flat Earth Award for Truth-Telling on Global Warming
- Blog: Previewing the Volcker Investigation
- Blog: State of the Union Reaction
- Blog: Blacks, Social Security and the Associated Press
- Blog: NAACP to IRS: Drop Dead
- Blog: Environmental Movement Has Lost Its Way
- New Visions Commentary: New Medicare Benefits Going Unnoticed in Black Community
- New Visions Commentary: Minimum Wage Increase - Help or Hype?
- Blog: How the Democrats Can Win
- Blog: David Almasi: I Am a Pet Owner
- Blog: Blogburst: Holocaust Testimonies
- National Policy Analysis: World Heritage Areas: A Critical Analysis by Ryan Balis
- Blog: Johnny Carson: An Appreciation
- Blog: Douglas Brinkley: Inconvenient History
- Blog: Glenn Reynolds: Regulator?
- Talking Points on Social Security: Social Security in Crisis
- Blog: Retirement Security Crisis: Real and Bigger Than Just Social Security
- Blog: Iraq: Stay Determined by Joe Roche
- Blog: Heritage Weblog: Social Security Polls
- Blog: SinclairAction: Intransigent, But Why?
- Blog: Mikhail Khodorkovsky: Letter from a Russian Prison
- Blog: Staples - Sinclair - Media Matters: Opinion Roundup
- Blog: Staples - Sinclair: Media Matters Strikes Back
- Blog: No Boycott of Sinclair, Staples Says; Staples Says Media Matters Misrepresented Situation, Says Staples is a "Victim"
- Blog: Staples Boycotts Sinclair; Should CBS Be Next?
- Blog: House GOP Rule Change Reversed
- Blog: Revamping Social Security
- Blog: Don't Read Captain's Quarters Today
- Blog: Michael Crichton Bribed by Rubert Murdoch to Question Global Warming, Privacy Group Says
- Blog: Top Ten Political Blogs
Hot Topics Archive: Current, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996
|> Our Blog
|Visit our blog.
|> Free Book!
|Shattered Dreams: 100 Stories of Government Abuse reveals the human cost of excessive and abusive regulations. Downloaded a free pdf copy here.
|> Our First 20 Years
|Want to know more about us? Download this PDF brochure telling you about our first twenty years.