John P. McGovern MD
Center for Environmental
and Regulatory Affairs
Health & Retirement
What Conservatives Think
Ten Second Response
In the News
Health & Retirement
- Blog: Doesn't It Really Depend on Whether You are Buying or Selling?
- Blog: Where's Peter Beinart?
- Blog: Congratulations to Peyton Knight
- Blog: Huffington Post Beware: A Little Knowledge Is A Dangerous Thing, Part II
- Blog: Huffington Post Beware: A Little Knowledge Is A Dangerous Thing, Part I
- Blog: Censoring Climate Change, the Stormtrooper Way
- Blog: True Blue Mutual Fund IDs "Progressive" Companies
- Blog: "A Poster Child for the Special Treatment of Illegal Aliens"
- Blog: Nuremberg Trials for Global Warming "Skeptics"?
- Press Release: Did Frank Wolf Earmark Funds to Aid His Own Legislative Initiative?
- Blog: Global Warming's Chilling Effect
- Blog: How the Republican Party is like the Catholic Church, Except It Isn't, Except It Is
- Blog: Washington Post Publishes Smear Obituary for Conservative Member of Congress
- Press Release: New Commonwealth Fund National Scorecard on U.S. Health System Performance Judges American Health System Unfairly
- Blog: Journey Through Hallowed Ground Debated in House Committee
- Blog: HSA Enrollment of 25-30 Million Expected by Treasury Department
- Blog: Scientists Whine, Humorously
- Press Release: Senator Allen's National Heritage Area Threatens to Disproportionately Harm Minorities
- Press Release: New Report Warns Against Expansive New Regulation of 'Invasive Species'
- Blog: We'll Know Global Warming is No Longer a Problem When All the Clouds are Gone
- Blog: Real Men Don't Sell Out
- Press Release: Response to Senator Allen Regarding Property Rights and the Journey Through Hallowed Ground National Heritage Area
- National Policy Analysis: Invasive Species: Animal, Vegetable or Political? by Dana Joel Gattuso
- Press Release: Anti-Property Rights Initiative Gets Boost from Unlikely Source: Senator George Allen
- Blog: Helping the Uninsurable: Tinkering vs. Radical Reform
- Blog: What is a "Squish"?
- Blog: Helping the Uninsurable: Tinkering vs. Radical Reform
- National Policy Analysis: Oil Addiction Fiction: Bush's "Addiction" May Be Rational Choice by Dana Joel Gattuso
- Blog: How to Reform Health Insurance
- Blog: Defamation as Tactic: Promoting Global Warming Alarmism by Misleading Readers
- Blog: Think Progress Libel Update
- Blog: Al Gore's Do As I Say, Not As I Do Philosophy
- Press Release: Law of the Sea Treaty Could Prevent U.S. from Stopping Terrorists
- National Policy Analysis: Ratification of the Law of the Sea Treaty: A Not-So-Innocent Passage by David Ridenour
- Blog: Think Progress Libels Us
- Blog: Life Expectancy, Infant Mortality No Way to Compare Health Systems
- Blog: Medicare for All? No Thanks, Part V
- Project 21 Press Release: Deneen Moore Named Senior Fellow of Project 21 Black Leadership Network
- Press Release: New Report Details U.N. Fall from Grace
- National Policy Analysis: Assertions vs. Reality: The Journey Through Hallowed Ground National Heritage Area Act of 2006 by Peyton Knight
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Activists Condemn Racist Condoleezza Rice Cartoons in Palestinian Press
- Blog: Earth Cooler During Little Ice Age Than After
- Blog: Hockey Stick Denial: This Time, at the Post
- Press Release: New Study New Study Critical of U.S. Uses Unreliable Measures on Health Care
- Blog: California Outlawing Dissent? The Galileo Precedent
- Blog: World Trade Center Movie Review
- National Policy Analysis: Support for United Nations Justifiably Weakened by Financial, Sex and Human Rights Scandals by Ryan Balis
- National Policy Analysis: CAFE Standards Kill: Congress' Regulatory Solution to Foreign Oil Dependence Comes at a Steep Price by Ryan Balis
- Blog: Energy Realities
- Blog: Medicare for All? No Thanks, Part II
- Blog: Hockey Stick Hearings -- This Time, It's Personal
- Blog: Medicare for All? No Thanks, Part I
- Blog: The United Nations Legacy of Anti-Semitism
- Blog: Muzzling Facts about the Violence Against Women Act
- Press Release: Study Challenges Widely Cited Measures Used to Compare Health Care Systems
- Blog: Peace Prize Winner Tells Kids She Wants to Kill President Bush
- Blog: Evangelical Leaders Say Carbon Dioxide Caps Would Harm Poor
- Blog: Think Progress's Double-Standard
- Blog: Global Warming and Censorship, Part III
- Blog: On Global Warming: Censorship, or Diversity?
- Blog: On Global Warming: Who's Censoring Now?
- New Visions Commentary: Castigation of Condi Betrays Black Tradition by Carletta Skinner
- New Visions Commentary: When Equality Plans Yield Unequal Results by Nick Cheolas
- New Visions Commentary: A Whiff of Truth by Kimberley Jane Wilson
- New Visions Commentary: Charter Schools Give Students the Fighting Chance They Need by Deneen Moore
- National Policy Analysis: Don't Fall Prey to Propaganda: Life Expectancy and Infant Mortality are Unreliable Measures for Comparing the U.S. Health Care System to Others by David Hogberg
- National Policy Analysis: Claim of Record High Gas Prices Tanks Under Scrutiny by David Ridenour
- Blog: National Heritage Areas: A Debate Among Virginians
- Blog: Michael Moore Sicko Alert
- Blog: When Regulating Wetlands Means Ruining Lives
- National Policy Analysis: The Journey Through Hallowed Ground National Heritage Area: An Example of How Pork-Barrel Politics Can Threaten Local Rule and Property Rights by Peyton Knight
- National Policy Analysis: "Smart Growth" Policies Hurt by Ryan Balis
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Activists Criticize Efforts to Politicize Black Churches
- Blog: What Constitutes Hate Speech?
- Blog: Center for American Progress Helps Imaginations Run Wild on Global Warming
- Blog: Global Warming Policy: Who Decides?
- Blog: And From Such Intrepid Reporting, a Consensus is Born
- Newsletter: New Edition of National Center for Public Policy Research Newsletter Online
- Blog: House Hearing Finds Approval for Health Security Accounts, With Some Dissent
- Press Release: The National Center for Public Policy Research Announces Staff Addition to Augment Work on Health Care and Social Security Policy
- Press Release: Policy Groups to Congress: Lift Federal Ban on Offshore Energy Production
- Coalition Letter: Rising Energy Cost are Taking Their Toll on American Households (pdf copy)
- Blog: Some Global Warming Scare Tactics are So Dumb, They're Funny
- Blog: Los Angeles Times Says Paulson Critics Dislike His "Hobby"
- Blog: Glenn Reynolds: Easily Led?
- Press Release: "Juneteenth" Emancipation Observance Celebrated by Black Conservatives
- Blog: Henry Paulson on Cap and Trade
- Blog: Weekly Standard: Adrift?
- Blog: Whole Foods Founder: Freedom Movement Needs to "Re-Brand" Itself
- Blog: Media Matters Misleads on CEI's Horner, Kyoto & Global Warming
- Blog: Galileo's Interrogators had a Consensus
- Blog: For Al Gore, the Truth Really Is Inconvenient
- Blog: Wayne Hage: A Defender of Rights Moves On
- Blog: "Hallowed Ground": A National Heritage Area History Lesson
- Press Release: Group Calls for Senate Finance Committee to Investigate Treasury Secretary-Designate's Role in $60 Million Land Deal
- Blog: Health Care Double-Take
- National Policy Analysis: The "Collaboration for the Recovery of Endangered Species Act": An Analysis of the Senate Proposal to Reform the Endangered Species Act by Peyton Knight
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Activists Say Proposal to Create Separate, Race-Based, Hawaiian Government Conflicts with America's "Melting Pot" Traditions
- Blog: AP Reports Study Saying Carbon Dioxide Boosts Poison Ivy's Itchiness, But Skips Study Saying CO2 Lowers Nicotine in Tobacco
- Blog: Native Hawaiian Act: E Pluribus Unum No Longer?
- Blog: Apple Store: Family Unfriendly?
- Blog: Enron Convictions Tar Bush, Says Newsweek's Howard Fineman
- Blog: Politics Before Policy: Weekly Standard Tells House GOP to Cave to Dems on Immigration
- Blog: Global Warming Activists Fret: Why Aren't We Winning?
- Blog: Global Warming Theory Proven
- Blog: A Sad Story
- Blog: CEI's Global Warming Ad Campaign
- Project 21 New Visions: Why Are College Professors Afraid of Dr. Condoleezza Rice?
- Blog: As Justice Potter Stewart Said, "...I Know It When I See It"
- Blog: Supply and Demand
- Blog: Oil Prices and the Media: Don't Believe the Hype
- Press Release: Black Activists Call Second Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Excessive
- Blog: American Spectator v. New Republic
- Press Release: Black Activists Demand Fair Treatment for Judicial Nominees; Kavanaugh Nomination Targeted by Senate Obstructionists
- Press Release: Black Activists Commend White House Action in Darfur Crisis
- Blog: ExxonMobil on Gas Prices: We Couldn't Manipulate the Price Even If We Wanted To
- Blog: Seven Degrees of ExxonMobil
- Blog: National Fuel Economy Standards to be Raised by Some Guy in California Who Thinks He Knows Best
- Blog: Caveat Emptor, Magazine Readers
- Blog: What America Needs: More Goof-Offs
- Blog: Jean-Francois Revel's Extraordinary Contribution
- Blog: Parents May Be Fined for Helping Their Own Son
- Press Release: Earth Day Information Center Cites Environmental Progress
- Earth Day Information Center: The History of Earth Day
- Earth Day Information Center: Quotes About the Environment
- Earth Day Information Center: Environmental Progress
- Earth Day Information Center: Three Things to Know About... Global Warming, Endangered Species, ANWR, Wetlands and Pollution
- Blog: Carl Bernstein Reports: Drudge Report's Comment Section Favors Senate Investigation of Bush
- Blog: Biblical Environmental Stewardship: Defining the Mandate
- Blog: Universal Health Care Says: Tattoo Removal, Yes; Life-Saving Cancer Drugs, No
- Blog: Vanity Fair's Environmental Silliness
- Blog: Labor Union Spending: Party City on the Workers' Dimes
- Blog: Britain's "Universal Care" Health System Puts Quotas on Referrals
- Blog: Bellevue College's Condoleezza Quiz (Updated)
- Blog: Earmarking Travel to Disneyland and Space
- Blog: Earmark Scandal? DOJ Reportedly Investigating WV Congressman Following Nine-Month National Legal and Policy Center Investigation
- Blog: Save the Planet: Drive an SUV
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Activists Say Allegations Regarding Rep. Cynthia McKinney Deserve Investigation
- Blog: AFL-CIO Official: "The Whole West Was Part of Mexico"
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Activists Support Judge's Ruling to Hold New Orleans Elections on Time
- Blog: Panel Not Happening: Is the Mandatory Program Necessary?
- Blog: Mike Crapo on Social Security: Fix Now, or Wait for Catastrophic Financial Crisis?
- Press Release: Improve the ESA with Property Rights Protections
- Blog: Social Security Reform Critics Often Close Eyes to System's Problems
- Blog: Global Warming and Polar Bears: One Sound Decision Deserves Another
- Blog: Senate Social Security Demagoguery
- Blog: Questioning the United Nations
- Panel Discussion: The Endangered Species Act: Why Protecting Property Rights Is Good For Landowners And Species
- Blog: Endangered Species Act: A Tale of Two Editorials
- Blog: Deroy Murdock: Hating Bush at Home, Hailing Our Troops Abroad
- Blog: Recycling Nuclear Fuel
- Blog: Uninsured Americans: How Many, and How Do We Help?
- Blog: Global Warming Research Fears: Galileo Would Have Recognized the Feeling
- Blog: Confidential Source Use Tends to Harm Journalism
- Blog: Universal Health Care: A Flawed Proposal
- Blog: Standing Athwart History, Yelling "Go Go Go!"
- Blog: Dangerous Pesticide Scares
- Blog: Republican Study Committee Alternative Budget: Methadone for Spending Junkies
- Talking Points on Social Security: Ed Crane's Advice
- Blog: Whither the Line Item Veto?
- Talking Points on Social Security: Democrats for Personal Retirement Accounts
- Blog: On Media Leaks: Accountable Parties Should Answer to Public, Not to Stockholders
- Blog: How Did They Know the Bears Were Episcopalian?
- Talking Points on Social Security: Trust Fund? What Trust Fund?
- Blog: Joe Roche on the UAE
- Blog: NAACP Cries Victim Again
- Blog: Alito Practices Etiquette, CBS Reveals; Liberal Group Slams New Justice
- Press Release: Protect Private Property Rights, 85 Groups Tell Senate, in Endangered Species Act Reform; Signatories Include Two Former Reagan Administration Cabinet Officials
- Letter: Text of Letter by 85 Groups to Senator James Inhofe and the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee
- Blog: Socialized Medicine: Learning from Canada
- Blog: Camera Coverage of the Supreme Court
- Blog: We Are a Hotbed of Raving Trotskyist Revolutionaries (er, No, Cato Is)
- Blog: Cheney Burped Today; Was Press Given the Full Story?
- Blog: Katrina Aftermath: Recriminations, Rancor and Racial Divisions Don't Help Us Learn from Our Mistakes by Annelie O'Neal Roche
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Activists Respond to Bryant Gumbel's Racial Denigration of Winter Olympics
- Blog: Environmentalist Sports and How They Harm Us
- Blog: Brannon Howse: Christian "Leaders" Drinking Leftie Kool-Aid
- National Policy Analysis: Kyoto's Anniversary: Little Reason to Celebrate by Dana Joel Gattuso
- National Policy Analysis: The Anti-Capitalism Virus by Thomas J. Borelli, Ph.D.
- National Policy Analysis: What Scriptures Tell Us About Environmental Stewardship by Samuel Casey Carter (originally published: 1998)
- Newsletter: National Center in the News Newsletter Winter 2006
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Activists Outraged By Politicization of Coretta Scott King's Funeral
- Blog: Martin Luther King Holiday Considered
- Blog: On Professors Who Deny Reality
- Blog: Time -- and a Terrible Towel
- Blog: A Health Care Horror Story for Michael Moore
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Conservatives Slam Extremist Comments from NAACP Chairman Julian Bond
- Blog: A Green Texas Oil Man
- Blog: Asbestos Legislation: FAIR or Unfair?
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Caps and Gowns a Higher Priority Than Black Coaches
- Blog: Repeat After Me: Race isn't Everything
- Blog: Black History Month: Why February?
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Activists in Virginia Call for Eminent Domain Reform
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Conservatives Mourn the Passing of Coretta Scott King
Romney's Massachusetts Health Care Reform: Socialism via the Back Door or a Promising Conservative Approach?
- Blog: Washington Post: Conservatives Racist?
- Blog: Rethinking Leftism (Continuing a Theme)
- Blog: Black Activists Condemn Senator Salazar for Calling Justice Thomas an "Abomination"
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Activists Condemn Senator Salazar for Calling Justice Thomas an "Abomination"
- Project 21 Press Release: Charity Chief Commended for Promise to Account for Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Grant; Project 21 Members Urge CBCF to Be Similarly Forthcoming
- Blog: Fight Global Warming: Surrender Your Bling
- Blog: Ray Nagin's Remarks
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Cleric Derides New Orleans Mayor's "God is Mad at America" Assertion as "Plantation Politics"
- Project 21 Press Release: Blacks Repudiate Belafonte
- Project 21 Press Release: Black Activists Demand Congressional Black Caucus Release Katrina Aid; CBC Foundation Admits Holding Back Money Raised as Early as September
- Blog: Washington Post: "The Mistake Was Not Ours" (And Other Excuses from the Press)
- Blog: That Must Be Why Geraldo Rivera Cried on the Air
- Blog: Washington Post Radio
- Blog: Congressional Black Caucus Katrina Relief Funds Remain Undisbursed
- Blog: What Does A "Reputable Scientist" Do Instead?
Hot Topics Archive: Current, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996
|> Our Blog
|Visit our blog.
|> Free Book!
|Shattered Dreams: 100 Stories of Government Abuse reveals the human cost of excessive and abusive regulations. Downloaded a free pdf copy here.
|> Our First 20 Years
|Want to know more about us? Download this PDF brochure telling you about our first twenty years.