For Immediate Release: October 26, 1998
Contact: David Ridenour at (202) 507-6398 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Global Warming Information Center launched the "Interview Locator Service" today to provide assistance to journalists seeking environmental experts for interviews during the Kyoto global warming summit. This free service offers access to leading scientists, economists and public policy experts on greenhouse gas emissions and on global warming.
Among the experts in the Global Warming
Information Center's extensive database are:
- Dr. John Christy: Associate Professor of Atmospheric Science at the University of Alabama at Huntsville. With Roy Spencer of NASA, he has been measuring atmospheric temperatures by various means for over 18 years. His work has been included in reports of the United Nations Intergovernment Panel on Climate Change (IPPC).
- Dr. Sallie Baliunas: Staff Astrophysicist with the Harvard Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory and recipient of the American Astronomical Society's prestigious Newton Lacey Pierce Prize. She specializes in the solar influences on climate change.
- Dr. S. Fred Singer: The Director of the Science and Environmental Policy Project, Dr. Singer is a former Deputy Assistant Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency and former director of the United States Weather Satellite Service.
- Dr. Robert C. Balling: Director of the Office of Climatology at Arizona State University and Senior Consultant for the United Nations World Meteorological Organization.
- Dr. Patrick Michaels: Associate Professor of Environmental Science at the University of Virginia and climatologist for the state of Virginia.
- Dr. Kenneth Chilton: Director of the Center for the Study of American Business at Washington University in St. Louis. He is knowledgeable in both the science of global warming and the economic impact of proposed solutions.
The Global Warming Information Center has hundreds of additional environmental experts in its database. To arrange interviews, call (202) 507-6398 or email@example.com.