30 Apr 2012 Development Associate Position Open at National Center for Public Policy Research
Development Associate Job Opening
The National Center for Public Policy Research, a 30-year-old free-market think tank based in Washington, D.C., seeks a Development Associate to support the National Center’s database administration efforts and help the staff in easily obtaining the information they require to more effectively advance the Center’s mission. The Development Associate is an entry-level position responsible for learning, developing, and maintaining components of the National Center’s proprietary database while maintaining a high level of service for internal and external customers.
Projects will also involve managing current contributor communications, invitations, recruitment of attendees to large meetings/events, and other projects as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Respond to internal requests for data and reports.
• Maintain and improve the database.
• Ensure that monthly donors information stays current
• Research current and prospective monthly donors.
• Entrepreneurial spirit, humility, high sense of urgency, and a passion for economic freedom.
• One or more years’ experience with database management preferred.
• A broad understanding of the National Center’s mission and projects
• A good understanding of issues important to the free market, and a basic awareness of the ‘news of the day.’
• Willingness to learn and develop your skill set daily.
• Strong communication skills, written preferred.
• One year of fundraising experience preferred.
• The ability to listen required.
• BA or BS in related field preferred.
Competitive salary (commensurate with experience and talent)
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Candidates should use the cover letter to describe successful projects they executed or developed. No calls, please.